Customer noticed that after a while logins slowed way down. What are the things to check ?
1) Check if the relay object has logging turned on.
a. If it is turned on, then check if it is configured for a DB.
i. If it is configured for a database, check if it is set to HSQL database type.
1. Possibly the logging.data is corrupt
2. Shut down loader, delete /stoneware/hsql/logging.*
3. Copy /stoneware/hsql/orig/logging.* to /stoneware/hsql
4. Start loader back up
2) Check your /stoneware/bin/webNetwork.lax file and verify the memory settings.
3) Check to make sure that your eDirectory or MS Active Directory is running well using publishers tips to health check.
b. MS AD
4) Check that there is nothing else running on the webNetwork server that might be causing issues.
5) Turn on debug in the :8090 management console on the loader server.
a. Check the Authentication preset (click RESET button to turn off any previously enabled debug options).
b. Click the LAUNCH button to open the log viewer, to watch users login.
c. Login as a user.
d. Take note of the line that says "authentication process completed" to see how long it took for AD to authenticate the user.
6) In 8090 management console on the loader run the Environment Check on the Directory tab, under the Show Advanced option.
a. Fix any errors that show up
7) Check that the relays are able to reach the webPassValidate URL.
b. At login the Secure Cloud Access profile checks that URL to see what the latest release of webPass is. If the relay is unable to reach that URL, it will slow the login process while waiting on a timeout.
keyword: authentication, login, slow
Old Browser Versions
Question: I am using an older browser version and am having problems. What can be done ? We are not able to upgrade the browser at this time. This is a challenge for any company that makes software that utilizes a browser. Since Stoneware does not ...
Problem: How to redirect the LCS in an environment with multiple LCSs and students connecting to them. Solution(s): Create an allow.cfg on all LCS(s) (including the Master) in the network, however, even if no allow.cfg is present on an LCS, machines ...
Time windows allows for Service Shutdown
Issue: Can the time windows gives a service to shut down before it kills the service be increased? Solution: Yes, the following information comes from the Microsoft URL : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/146092 To specify the wait time, do the ...
How to disable password saving - Internet Explorer
Having multiple methods for saving a password in the browser can cause confusion for the user. To disable password saving in Internet Explorer, launch Internet Explorer and perform the following steps. Click the blue Settings menu icon in the upper ...
How to disable password saving - Chrome
Having multiple methods for saving a password in the browser can cause confusion for the user. To disable password saving in Chrome, launch Chrome and perform the following steps. Click the Chrome menu button in the upper right corner of the Chrome ...