Manually installing LanSchool 8.0 on a teacher computer - Windows
Problem: How to manually install LanSchool 8.0 on a Teacher computer -Windows.
- LanSchool installation zip folder.
- In My Computer, go to the LanSchool product download location and double-click teacher.msi in the Windows folder.
- Click Next.
- Read the license agreement that appears, then click I Accept, then Next.
- Type in a Teacher channel number (1 to 16,000). Remember to choose a unique number for each classroom.
- If desired, set any Advanced Options by checking the box “Check to configure advanced options”, then click Next.
- Select a Security Mode option if desired. Selecting either mode is not required, and is not recommended unless you have read the section Installing LanSchool 8.0 in Secure Mode Checking the box to Enable a security mode allows you to then select one or both security modes. If Password Secure Mode is selected, then both Teacher and Student installs require that password to subscribe to a channel. If Active Directory Secure Mode is selected, then the teacher must belong to an Active Directory group called LanSchool Teachers that must be created by your IT staff.
- Click Install.
- Click Finish to complete the installation.
- If a Teacher was previously installed on that device, then a reboot will be required in order to update the existing files
- NOTE: The settings selected on this Teacher installation are also the settings that apply when remotely updating Student computers after the initial install from this Teacher. Advanced Settings include:
- Stealth Mode - The LanSchool icon will not be visible on the student computer.
- Student Can Change Channels - Allows students to change the channel they are subscribed to.
- No Keyboard monitoring - Turns off keyboard monitoring of students.
- Allow Task Manager / Activity Monitor Limiting - Allows task Manager / Activity Monitor to be limited on the student computers.
- No Internet History Logging - Turns off logging Internet history of students.
- Enable Network tampering Controls - Monitors wired and wireless network adapter disconnections (including setting SSID wireless allow list.)
- Screen Privacy- Allows students to disable sharing their screens.
By default, Teachers are installed without the ability to change their channel. If you wish to allow teachers to have the ability to change the channel, or to view multiple channels, you must copy
and run the EnableChannelSelect.exe file located in the Utilities subfolder in the Windows folder from the product download location to the Teacher machine. This tool must be run with Administrative rights. On Vista or Windows 7, ensure that you launch the command prompt by right-clicking this item from the Start menu and choosing to “Run as administrator”.
Manually installing LanSchool on a student computer - Windows
This content has moved! Visit the new LanSchool Classic Help Desk It looks like you may be interested in Installing LanSchool Teacher for Windows.
Manually Installing LanSchool on student computer-Mac
The following instructions will assist you in installing LanSchool on a student's Mac: Copy the student.dmg from the customer download to the student's machine. Double click the student.dmg to mount it. Double click on lanschool_student.pkg Read the ...
Using the Teacher Computer
The use model for LanSchool v7.8 is quite similar to previous versions. On the teacher computer, you will see a small LanSchool icon (that looks like a small green circle of circles) in the system tray. The system tray is located in the bottom right ...
Manually deploying LanSchool on Chromebooks
Problem: How to manually install the LanSchool Student and WebHelper on Chromebooks. Cause: N/A Prerequisite(s): LanSchool Connection Service LanSchool Student LanSchool Teacher Solution(s): The LanSchool Connection Server should be installed and set ...
Uninstalling LanSchool 8.0 from a Windows Computer
This content has moved! Visit the new LanSchool Classic Help Desk It looks like you may be interested in Setting Up LanSchool Classic for Windows.
Can a Teacher see Students outside of school?
This content has moved! Visit the new LanSchool Classic Help Desk It looks like you may be interested in LanSchool Classic General FAQ.
LanSchool Latest Release Notes
This content has moved! Visit the new LanSchool Classic Help Desk It looks like you may be interested in LanSchool Classic Latest Release Notes.
How to uninstall LanSchool Student and WebHelper from Chromebook
This content has moved! Visit the new LanSchool Classic Help Desk It looks like you may be interested in Mass Deploying LanSchool Student for Chromebook.
LanSchool 22.214.171.124 Release Notes
LanSchool™ Release Notes Updated: December 16, 2019 Component Versions LanSchool 126.96.36.199, December 16, 2019 Chromebook App 188.8.131.52, December 16, 2019 Chrome Web Helper: 184.108.40.206, December 16, 2019iOS TA and Student 8.2.0, December 16, 2019 Android ...
Controlling multiple students at once
Problem: Can I remote control multiple computers at once? Cause: N/A Prerequisite(s): LanSchool Teacher and Student Solution(s): If all of the computers in the lab are the same basic image or configuration (for example. all Windows XP machines with ...
Lenovo Software Newsletter
Question Is there a way I can be notified about product updates? Solution To receive updates from Lenovo Software about product updates, we encourage customers to subscribe to our Lenovo Software Newsletter.
Allow Help Desk to reset Image Challenge images
Issue Customer would like to allow Help Desk users to only be able to reset user Image Challenge images when they have been forgotten by a user. Solution This can be done by assigning specific users in the system the User Group Admin role, as well as ...
This is a good article, from Microsoft, on how to troubleshoot RDS/RDP logon issues. https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/37841.remote-desktop-services-rds-logon-connectivity-overview-and-troubleshooting.aspx
Building an Employee Phonebook system
Building a Mini Application Post #20 Can it really be that simple to create a little application with Report and Form Builder? This tutorial shows you that it is - and actually helps you make a useful application at the same time as learning how to ...
Working with Binary Data in Report Services
Quick Start Guide - Binary Data This tutorial is designed as a quick "How Do I Work With Binary Data" tutorial. It walks through the steps necessary to upload an image to a database. Every webNetwork 6.0 installation ships with a database called ...