How can I access Unified Workspace if my directory credentials are not working?
For example: We are having directory issues and need to configure Unified Workspace to connect to a different Directory Controller.
The Management Console (https://127.0.0.1:8090) can be configured with a non-directory username/password for authentication to the Management Console. This login will provide access only to the servers' UW Management Console. With this login, you can change the Directory Server address the UW server connects to.
You will want to make sure to have the non-directory credentials set on the server.
To access to Management Console
- Open a modern browser (Chrome, Edge, or Firefox) on the server.
- Browse to https://127.0.0.1:8090
Let's first set the credentials
- Authenticate to https://127.0.0.1:8090 using a UW admin account (member of the webNetworkAdminGroup).
- Select the Security tab.
- Set whatever username/password combination you would like to use. You can leave the default username if desired.
- Click the Save button to save the new credentials.
- The webNetwork service will need to be restarted, at some point, to activate the new non-directory credentials.
Once you have restarted webNetwork on the server, it is advisable to test the new non-directory credentials. Then save the credentials away in a safe location.
Now if you run into an issue, such as the Directory Server that UW connections to has failed, you are able to authenticate to UW using the non-directory credentials to access the Directory Configuration.
Change the Directory Server Host Address that UW connects to
- Authenticate to the Management Console (https://127.0.0.1:8090) using the non-directory credentials set previously.
- Select the Directory tab.
- Change the Host Address accordingly.
- Click the Save button.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Click the Shutdown button to properly shut down the webNetwork service.
- Go to the Windows Services Control Panel and Start the webNetwork service.
UW should now fully start up connecting to the new Directory Server.
You can view the Startup Log file at c:\UnifiedWorkspace\config\webNetworkTrace.log to verify proper connection to the directory.
How to setup console log to file
Problem: Troubleshooting an issue, but it is only happening intermittently. Real-time logging is not sufficient in these instances, so you can setup logging to file instead. Prerequisite(s): webNetwork 184.108.40.206 or above Ability to ...
webPass loops if user has invalid credentials.
webPass is programmed to only trigger once per tab. You hit the login page -webPass gets notified by the browser that a page loads. It injects creds. You fail - end up back at the same url. At that point, webPass does NOT receive a notification that ...
Referral error on console
The customer is seeing this error repeatedly on our UW server console. INFO (02/05) 10:11:05 [stderr]: javax.naming.PartialResultException: Unprocessed Continuation Reference(s); remaining name ’dc=EDU,dc=myschool,dc=ca’ This typically means that ...
How to activate the JMX remote console in webRDP Gateway
How can I activate the JMX remote console to debug what Java is doing? The following assumes the default installation location was used. Make a backup copy of c:\webRDP-Gateway\jetty\webRDP-Gateway.lax or /usr/webRDP-Gateway/jetty/webRDP-Gateway.lax ...
How to create a limited Active Directory service account
Problem: For webNetwork installation, you will need a Schema Admin and Domain Admin account. For daily operation, you will need a service account to connect to Active Directory, but you may not want to run it with this same high-level account. ...