LanSchool™ Release Notes
Updated: December 16, 2019
LanSchool 220.127.116.11, December 16, 2019
Chromebook App 18.104.22.168, December 16, 2019
Chrome Web Helper: 22.214.171.124, December 16, 2019
iOS TA and Student 8.2.0, December 16, 2019
Android Student 126.96.36.199-r, December 6, 2016
Summary - Features & Enhancements
This release includes new product enhancements, ongoing feature development, and minor bug fixes.
- macOS Catalina 10.15 support
- iOS 13 Teacher’s Assistant
- Teachers can now switch Chromebook thumbnails between active tab and full screen. More Information.
- For Chromebook students, we now prevent Picture-in-Picture videos from playing when blank screen is enabled
- Based on customer feedback related to standardized testing tools not allowing the LanSchool agent to run during testing, a new feature was added to enable teachers to “kill” the student agent. Note: Student devices must be restarted to re-enable the agent. More Information.
Enhancements and Bug Fixes
- Resolved several Clever-related issues:
- Multi-selecting classes now combines the student lists correctly
- Enhance class list integration to now allow the displaying of a friendly student name (first, last name) when using classes based on login name
- Fixed a Report Server uninstall issue where the shortcuts in the control panel and Apps and Features was not being removed correctly
- Fixed an issue where multiple chat windows have been opened due to multiple alerts being sent
- The context menu when remote controlling a student is now disabled since the information in the Properties dialog for a given student is not actively updated while in the Remote Control session. The Properties information is updated after the session has ended.
- Fixed a customer-reported issue where Remote Log On failed due to time-out on slower machines. Added a registry key setting to allow administrators to change the default wait time so the Remote Log In does not time out.
- Fixed a customer-reported issue to provide a better user experience when using Channel 0 and there are more than 40 students. Now, if there are more than 40 students, the Teacher Console only display details view (no thumbnails) and the thumbnail view option is disabled.
- Fixed an issue where Keystroke Alerts were breaking when a student was loaded into a second class
- Fixed an issue in Keystroke Alerts where banned words were not displaying correctly
- Fixed an install issue where the Chrome extension option was not being read correctly from the registry settings
- Fixed an issue in the Tech Console where the Blank Screen icon was not enabled correctly
- Fixed an issue in the Tech Console and Teacher Console where the Remote Control button was not disabling correctly for students that are disconnected
- Fixed a customer-reported issue with Disable Keyboard and Mouse when using Remote Control
- Fixed a customer-reported issue where the LanSchool Student was conflicting with Solidworks 2019
- Fixed an issue where the Mac student could fail during a Remote Control session
- Fixed an issue where Student Diagnostics for macOS was not performing tests correctly
- Fixed multiple issues in dialogs and text where they did not display correctly in Dark Mode on macOS Mojave 10.14 and macOS Catalina 10.15
- Fixed an issue where the Mac student auto-update was not working correctly
- Fixed an issue where the Lite Student/Demo Student would not uninstall on macOS High Sierra 10.13, macOS Mojave 10.14, and macOS Catalina 10.15
- Fixed an issue in the Mac Teacher Console where a highlighted student displayed as disabled when right-clicking on an alert message