IP Address change on Unified Workspace server
Issue: My IP numbers need to change for Unified Workspace servers.
Solution(s): Depending on server configuration, you'll need to do the following.
If you have a Relay and that server needs the IP address changed then you will need to :
- Test connections to this relay and key applications and make note of what was tested.
- Edit the relay object for this relay in webAdmin - go to the Options page and verify / change the IP addresses in Virtual Host Names to match the new IP address
- Shutdown Unified Workspace and edit the servers local host file and make any changes that are appropriate
- Change and DNS entries in the appropriate DNS servers to reflect the new IP number (this includes IP numbers for virtual web application names)
- Move server - change the IP address in the servers OS
- Be sure any firewall changes are made to allow the server to still communicate with the internal Unified Workspace servers
- Start server back up
- Double check the /stoneware/config/webNetworkTrace.log file to verify the startup.
- Re-test this relay doing the same steps you did previously
- If you have any file nodes assigned to this same server those will need to change
If you are changing the IP address for an internal server (aka Loader) then the same instructions above apply along with:
- If you have more than one loader and they use Cluster Service, then before making this change, this server needs to be removed from the cluster.
- Any dedicated relays that communicate with this loader will need the new IP address changed in the Server Management Console (aka 8090 console) for all their relay service
- This server will need the new IP address changed in the Server Management Console (aka 8090 console) for all the Services
- Once the server is back up, if there was a cluster, then it needs to be re joined into the cluster or cluster re-created.
- If you have any DB servers running on this server then references to those will need to also change.
- If you have any External Directory servers running on this server then references to those will need to also change.
keywords: webNetwork, wN, LUW, migrate, switch
User not able to change password in Unified Workspace
How to enable Change Password debug, when having trouble with users not being able to change, or reset, their password in Unified Workspace. The Change Password debug needs to be enabled on the server that connects to your directory. You may know ...
Change AD server address
Issue Where do I go in Unified Workspace (formerly webNetwork) to change the Microsoft AD server that UW talks to? Solution Browse to the UW loader's 8090 Management Console The loader, is the UW server that connects to your directory. You may have ...
Move webNetwork to different server
*** If you are moving to a different OS, please see : https://helpdesk.lenovosoftware.com/portal/kb/articles/migrate-webnetwork-to-windows-linux-22-8-2017 *** Keeping the same OS / version / IP As long as you are keeping the same OS/ version/IP then ...
How to setup Unified Workspace and load balancer
There are no specifically supported or unsupported load balancers at this time. How to put a Unified Workspace server+relay or relay behind a load balancer is not much different than how you would put any other web server. Here are things to make ...
Unified Workspace Specifications
Latest Version 220.127.116.11 Browser Requirements Lenovo Unified Workspace requires a browser with JavasScript support. Clients will need to meet the minimal requirements of a browser and Internet/network connections for full functionality. The list ...
Can a Teacher see Students outside of school?
This content has moved! Visit the new LanSchool Classic Help Desk It looks like you may be interested in LanSchool Classic General FAQ.
LanSchool Latest Release Notes
This content has moved! Visit the new LanSchool Classic Help Desk It looks like you may be interested in LanSchool Classic Latest Release Notes.
How to uninstall LanSchool Student and WebHelper from Chromebook
This content has moved! Visit the new LanSchool Classic Help Desk It looks like you may be interested in Mass Deploying LanSchool Student for Chromebook.
LanSchool 18.104.22.168 Release Notes
LanSchool™ Release Notes Updated: December 16, 2019 Component Versions LanSchool 22.214.171.124, December 16, 2019 Chromebook App 126.96.36.199, December 16, 2019 Chrome Web Helper: 188.8.131.52, December 16, 2019iOS TA and Student 8.2.0, December 16, 2019 Android ...
Controlling multiple students at once
Problem: Can I remote control multiple computers at once? Cause: N/A Prerequisite(s): LanSchool Teacher and Student Solution(s): If all of the computers in the lab are the same basic image or configuration (for example. all Windows XP machines with ...
Lenovo Software Newsletter
Question Is there a way I can be notified about product updates? Solution To receive updates from Lenovo Software about product updates, we encourage customers to subscribe to our Lenovo Software Newsletter.
Allow Help Desk to reset Image Challenge images
Issue Customer would like to allow Help Desk users to only be able to reset user Image Challenge images when they have been forgotten by a user. Solution This can be done by assigning specific users in the system the User Group Admin role, as well as ...
This is a good article, from Microsoft, on how to troubleshoot RDS/RDP logon issues. https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/37841.remote-desktop-services-rds-logon-connectivity-overview-and-troubleshooting.aspx
Building an Employee Phonebook system
Building a Mini Application Post #20 Can it really be that simple to create a little application with Report and Form Builder? This tutorial shows you that it is - and actually helps you make a useful application at the same time as learning how to ...
Working with Binary Data in Report Services
Quick Start Guide - Binary Data This tutorial is designed as a quick "How Do I Work With Binary Data" tutorial. It walks through the steps necessary to upload an image to a database. Every webNetwork 6.0 installation ships with a database called ...