Enable OTP in Unified Workspace
Does Unified Workspace support One-Time-Password?
As of 220.127.116.11, Unified Workspace includes support for One-Time-Password.
- Enable OTP:
- Go to the DefaultLoginPolicy (in the stoneware OU, under webAdmin's Tree Root).
- Select the Options tab.
- Check OTP Challenge Enable.
- Assign the OTP Challenge link to users:
- Go to Link-Menu Admin.
- Expand Account Mgmt, then expand Authentication.
- Select the OTP Challenge link and assign that to OU, user group, or individual user you want to use OTP.
- Activate OTP for users:
- Go to an OU, user group, or individual user.
- Select the Authentication tab.
- Check OTP Challenge Enable.
- Download and install an OTP authenticator app, such as Google Authenticator, on your iPhone or Android.
- Login as a user who has OTP Challenge enabled. The first time you login you will be taken to a page where it will instruct you how to configure your OTP authenticator app. It will present a QR code that you can scan. You will take a 6-digit code from the app and enter it to complete the configuration. If you enter the code correctly, then it will log you in. If you enter it incorrectly, then you will be taken to login page and you will have to repeat this process.
- Once the OTP is configured properly, then every subsequent login with this user will require you to enter in a 6-digit code that you get from the OTP authenticator app. This will be done on a subsequent page, after entering in your username and password. If you enter the code correct, then it will complete the login. If you enter it incorrect, then it will take you back to the login page.
- If at any time you need to reset your OTP authenticator code (because you've lost your device, etc), then go through the Reset Password process. If it detects that you have an OTP secret key on your user, then it will ask if you want to reset it. If you choose yes, then you will need to delete the previous configuration from your OTP authenticator (or create a new one) and on your next login to UW it will ask you to go through the OTP authenticator app configuration again.
A UW admin can also reset OTP, through webAdmin. The admin will find an OTP Reset button at the bottom of the user's Authentication tab.
Two-factor Authentication Options in Unified Workspace
Issue: What Two-factor authentication options are available in Unified Workspace? Solution: We currently have three Two-factor authentication options in Unified Workspace, that are supported across all browsers. Challenge Authentication Image ...
Lenovo Unified Workspace 6.5.0 Released
Highlights of Unified Workspace 6.5.0 NEW! Unified Workspace Directory Services Architecture * This feature requires a fresh Unified Workspace install and our Professional Services team is available to support. · Local LDAP Directory Service: o ...
Lenovo Unified Workspace 18.104.22.168 Released
Highlights of Unified Workspace 22.214.171.124 Below is a list of enhancements and fixes for Unified Workspace 126.96.36.199 If you need assistance with your update, please contact support at 800-505-6865 (Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm EST - Excludes holidays) ...
Unified Workspace product changes.
The changes in Unified Workspace can be found here.
Unified Workspace Documentation
Documentation for Unified Workspace. Lenovo Unified Workspace Product Guide PDF HTML Lenovo Unified Workspace 6.5.x Upgrade Notes Lenovo Unified Workspace 6.x Pre-Installation Guide Lenovo Unified Workspace 6.5 Pre-Installation Guide for LUW + AD LDS ...
Can a Teacher see Students outside of school?
This content has moved! Visit the new LanSchool Classic Help Desk It looks like you may be interested in LanSchool Classic General FAQ.
LanSchool Latest Release Notes
This content has moved! Visit the new LanSchool Classic Help Desk It looks like you may be interested in LanSchool Classic Latest Release Notes.
How to uninstall LanSchool Student and WebHelper from Chromebook
This content has moved! Visit the new LanSchool Classic Help Desk It looks like you may be interested in Mass Deploying LanSchool Student for Chromebook.
LanSchool 188.8.131.52 Release Notes
LanSchool™ Release Notes Updated: December 16, 2019 Component Versions LanSchool 184.108.40.206, December 16, 2019 Chromebook App 220.127.116.11, December 16, 2019 Chrome Web Helper: 18.104.22.168, December 16, 2019iOS TA and Student 8.2.0, December 16, 2019 Android ...
Controlling multiple students at once
Problem: Can I remote control multiple computers at once? Cause: N/A Prerequisite(s): LanSchool Teacher and Student Solution(s): If all of the computers in the lab are the same basic image or configuration (for example. all Windows XP machines with ...
Lenovo Software Newsletter
Question Is there a way I can be notified about product updates? Solution To receive updates from Lenovo Software about product updates, we encourage customers to subscribe to our Lenovo Software Newsletter.
Allow Help Desk to reset Image Challenge images
Issue Customer would like to allow Help Desk users to only be able to reset user Image Challenge images when they have been forgotten by a user. Solution This can be done by assigning specific users in the system the User Group Admin role, as well as ...
This is a good article, from Microsoft, on how to troubleshoot RDS/RDP logon issues. https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/37841.remote-desktop-services-rds-logon-connectivity-overview-and-troubleshooting.aspx
Building an Employee Phonebook system
Building a Mini Application Post #20 Can it really be that simple to create a little application with Report and Form Builder? This tutorial shows you that it is - and actually helps you make a useful application at the same time as learning how to ...
Working with Binary Data in Report Services
Quick Start Guide - Binary Data This tutorial is designed as a quick "How Do I Work With Binary Data" tutorial. It walks through the steps necessary to upload an image to a database. Every webNetwork 6.0 installation ships with a database called ...